Greetings, all:

I was wondering if having a Pallidotomy or Thalamotomy reduces or
eliminates the possibility that one could be a candidate for a fetal tissue
transplant?  I think i read something in another post to this list recently
that suggested this.  Anyone heard of any research or info?

I'm only 28, with a localized upper left extremity tremor, with mild leg
stiffness and mild to high diskensia.  I go back and forth regarding having
a Thalamotomy.  The meds still work (Sinemet CR and Eldepryl) but the
"on-time" has decreased per dose.  Sometimes i think having surgery now
will allow me to at least cut down the number of doses of meds, in case i
need them again in the future.  However, if a Thalamotomy would rule out
the effectiveness of a fetal tissue transplant, or some other procedure,
what to do?

My neurologist's opinion is to continue the drug therapy now, though in his
opinion i could be a surgery candidate, given my age and otherwise good
health.  It seems that age has a lot to do with who is considered a
surgical candidate.

Thanks for all the good information and sharing on this list.

"Peace from the shadows"
Jeffrey R. Romanyshyn [Rom Carpathian]
Poet/Humanities Ph.D. student
"The instant you realize you truly love someone, life makes sense"

If you wish, please check out some of my poetry and other fine literary
creations at the M. David Lewis Enterprises HomePage at:
http://www.mdle.com/