Dear Anne,

Thanks!  The information about the travel is especially helpful.  I do not
take meds around the clock and since dyskinesia can be almost a troublesome
for me as akinesia.  I am concerned about taking too much and being
uncomforable when I land in Paris or alternatively being off and needing
assistance in getting off the plane.  Returning I have to change planes in
Toronto and Detroit and I assume go through customs in Detroit and walk alot
in both places.

The protein issue also fits in here.  I  usually load the protein in my diet
at about 7 to 8 pm.  In fact my weekdays are usually much better than my
weekends because at work I don't have the chance to raid the refrigerator
like I do at home.  My concern regarding time zone changes is that in
addition to the change in spacing of meds meal-times travelling will be
unpredictable.

When I started on meds every 2 hours (8 doses during the day) I bought
myself  a sportswatch with a countdown timer set to ring every 2 hours
around the clock.  Thew only problem is that I am so used to it that
sometimes I don't even respond to it .

I am curious as to what percentage of us are protein sensitive and maybe I
will poll the members of the list if I can get together a questionaire that
might be meaningful.  There are some neurologists that don' t believe it and
from my own experience they are clearly wrong for at least a sub-group of PD
patients.  A good friend from our local group sees a neurologist who is "a
non-believer" and she really feels discounted by him.  She has labled
McDonalds hamburgers "STONE BURGERS" because of what happens to her an hour
or 2 later.

Enough for now.  Thanks for your reply

Charlie

[log in to unmask] (Charles Meyer)