For several years I've had painful foot cramps before my sinemet goes to work
in the morning.  I've even had them sometimes when I wake up during the
night.  This is inconvenient when I' m walking around, trying to get ready
for work.  Medicine helped a little (a 25/100 sinemet CR and 5 baclafen, a
muscle relaxant) at bedtime, but not enough.

I mentioned to my doctor that putting shoes on as soon as I woke up seemed to
help a little, and he suggested sleeping with shoes on.  I tried a new pair
of Isotoner slippers with semi-rigid soles - and voila!  For a week now, no
more cramps!  Would that all our problems were so easily solved.

Pat Schark