Wendy:  Interesting reading about the efects of Nutrasweet on your PD
symptoms.  I have been interested in possible adverse effects of NS
for awhile and from the reading I have been doing, it seems likely
that he phenylalanine from the Nutrasweet may have decreased the
uptake of your medication into the brain.  I don't know which
medication you are on, but some  (e.x. l-dopa) are actively taken
across the blood brain barrier and the phenylalanine competes for
this uptake process, thus decreasing the amount of medication that
makes it to the brain.  I've often thought that products containing
Nutrasweet should have to carry a warning label as sufferes from the
genetic disorder PKU shouldn't consume it and it is likely to cause
problems for some medications such as those for PD and some
antihypertensive drugs.

Cathy