I'm not much on conference themes, as conferences seem to go where they
listeth anyway.  But an expansion of the WAC/WID idea might be
helpful--something about how writing functions in other disciplines and
how we can facilitate it.

I'm more interested in trading ideas about process, actually.  At Inkshed
12 we articulated some real concerns about the shape of Inkshed
conferences and how to get everybody "working"--beyond simply some
inkshedding--without having everybody present, with the associated
cramped schedule.  Also, how to encourage collaboration without setting
up artificial situations.

Somebody--I think it was Amanda--was floating the idea of having a
relatively few formal presentations and lots more semi-formal "workshop"
activity that explores the questions raised in the presentations.  I like
this idea.  I think we can use a little structure to the discussion of
issues raised, and we certainly can use more time.

Perhaps it would be useful to borrow one leaf from Inkshed 12's
book--encourage the presenters to work together to create unified
presentations, not separate 3-paper panels on loose themes--but not be
quite so insistent about it as at Inkshed 12.  This should be easier if
everyone does not have to present.

Maybe we can borrow a leaf from Inkshed 11's book and have some of the
workshop activity centre on producing collaborative texts responding to
the presentation or the ideas raised in them--something a bit more
extended than the typical inkshedding but not based on splicing together
pre-formed texts.  The texts could be a lot more provisional, not
aiming at a conference book.  (They'd have to be, given the time.)  Depends
how many printers and copiers you can scam.

The more I look at it, the more I see the fun of Inkshed as lying in its
status as a conference/pedagogical laboratory.  We keep trying on
different prodecures, often modelled on the ones we us in our own
teaching, to see what different things we can get to happen.