    [this came to my address from Rick: I'm sure, though, that it was
intended for CASLL . . .]

> Help.  Quick.  Please.
> If I can make a coherent request by Monday morning, there will likely
> be a sizable amount of $ available for
>
>     doing something that involves teaching writing and the
> "WEB" (i.e., "the Web").
>
> The obvious  seems to be a "virtual classroom" where students can
> "meet" as a class and/or in small groups to do the various things we
> do in our writing classes, ekspecially looking at each other's
> drafts, making suggestions , etc.
>
> Does anyone have any experience doing anything like that?  Does
> anyhone have any knowledge of someone writing up something like that?
>
> Does anyone have a better idea?
>
> Does anyone know why this is a dumb idea I should deep six?
>
> I know this is a silly request, that FI'm engaged (on a cump computer
> with no backspacerF) in playing the Groucho Marx show, trying to say
> the right words to get the duck to come down --but if that is the
> game used to distribute resources, perhaps I should play.  So, can
> anyone help?
>
>                 Rick Coe

                                __|~_
Russell A. Hunt            __|~_)_ __)_|~_   Learning and Teaching
Department of English      )_ __)_|_)__ __)     Development Office
St. Thomas University        |  )____) |   EMAIL:[log in to unmask]
Fredericton, New Brunswick___|____|____|____/  FAX: (506) 450-9615
E3B 5G3   CANADA          \                / PHONE: (506) 452-0644