Doug,  I'm quite overwhelmed and fascinated with all the stuff you're
doing.  Keep up the immodesty and tell us more.  We just got out of
the stone age and are now on-line at Bishop's.  I immediately made my
students get e-mail addresses and they right away started writing
to each other and their friends (as well as myself).  Now I see I
need to set up a discussion group.

One question:  I emphasize that e-mail is electronic conversation and
students should not worry about spelling, grammar, vocabulary etc.
These are free-writes (of course, one may get more particular
depending on audience & purpose).  It is the message that counts.
What do you advise (if anything)?

Mieke

Mieke Koppen Tucker
Director, Writing Proficiency Programme