You will all be as shocked as we have been to learn of the death of David
Parry sunddenly in Ottawa this week. It is hard for us to come to terms
with the death of somone who was always so vitally alive. David was
central to the heady mix of scholarship and performance here in Toronto
in the decade from the mid-70's to the mid-80's. It is thanks in large
part to him that we mounted The York Cycle, the Castle of Perseverance,
the N-Town Passion Play, the Chester Cycle and many many smaller
productions. He challenged us, excited us and inspired us.

We all have special memories of David as a performer singing, declaiming,
acting the buffoon or bringing his special gift of stillness in stage presence
to a solemn moment.

If you would like to write to his wife Caroline the
address is 135 Britannia Rd., Ottawa, Ontario K2B 5X1. We hope to
establish a prize in his name here in Toronto. Contributions should be
made out to the University of Toronto and sent to me c/o REED, 150
Charles St W., Toronto M5S 1K9.