Some of you may remember that I floated the idea several months ago of a
REED-L get-together during the SITM conference. Well, I have now
discovered that there will be a free evening on Thursday, 3 August, due
to a cancellation and subsequent re-jigging of the schedule (Maitre
Patelin will not, unfortunately, be presented Friday the 4th so the
Thursday night presentation has moved to Friday).

So, I propose that REED-L members and REED editors (to whom I am copying
this message [with apologies to those who will thus get it twice]) who
are attending the conference (or just happen to be in the area!) meet
somewhere to be determined later (probably at the subway) after the last
session that day and go off for a leisurely dinner. If you are
interested, please let me know soon (before 13 July) so that I can make a
booking at a restaurant. Send the message to my own account, please, and
not to the list. That's [log in to unmask]

With apologies to all who won't be at SITM,

We now return you to your regularly scheduled quiet!

Abigail