I don't have anything solid/scientific to offer, just a personal
observation.  I am slightly asthmatic, mostly in the winter when
furnaces are blowing dust around.  This past winter I noticed that my
lungs felt tighter and breathing was harder than usual, I also noticed
some pain that seemed to occur at the "edges" of my lungs.  The
difference between this year and last, this year I was on Permax
4x0.25mg three times a day (also to be complete I was on Eldepryl as
well).  I cut back on the Permax to 1x0.25mg three times a day and my
breathing got easier and the pain around the edges of my lungs went away
(and of course I got slower, but it was in the name of personal
research).  Unfortunately I did this at about the time of the year that
the asthma would normally improve anyway, so I can't be sure of the
Permax connection.  None the less I still suspect the Permax, maybe I'll
be able to verify that as I nudge the dosage back up.

--
John Stafford [[log in to unmask]]