Before signing off this excellent resource, just wanted to share a few
thoughts.  I've been on the list since the first weeks of existence, and have
avidly read all the postings -- learning so much about my father's disease --
he was diagnosed in 1971 at age 54.  I've been watching him slowly
being swallowed up by the disease, although putting up a gallant fight.  Mom,
a retired nursing assistant, providing excellent love and care, and continued
to "push" his potential when he didn't believe there was any left.  As
observers, the slow gait, inability to get going, masked face, and slight
tremors, were just minor inconveniences -- he was still dad, the source of
great humor (was in the tavern business for almost 30 years, and keeping many
patrons entertained with jokes and concertina music)!  The last few years were
the hardest -- dementia, hallucinations, incontinence, now knowing if he'd "be
there" when we talked, plus moving into a nursing home in March, 1994, after a
broken collar bone left him unable to "help" in his care.  I passed lots of
the information from this list to the nursing home staff; I wish they had this
access!  Well, my reason for signing off -- dad died on May 15, not from
Parkinson's of course, but prostate cancer.  After getting the cancer
diagnosis, our family brought him home and spent our last four weeks together,
a very special gift that I'll cherish forever.

Keep up the good work, and personally I'm hoping the genetic link/tendency
won't be my concern!

Judi Pitt - [log in to unmask]