Alessandra:  I think any professional assistance you can get your Dad
to accept is a good idea. I have written more to you on this personally.

 Also I would like to share with the group a video which I watched today
 which I believe gives a very insightful illustration of the problems of a PD
 patient and how caregivers and family can understand and support
the patient.

The title is:  CARE AND MANAGEMENT OF PARKINSONIANS IN NURSING HOMES.
It originated  from the Michigan Parkinson Foundation  (313) 745-2000
In British Columbia, Canada you can get it from the B.C. P.D.
Association, 3rd Floor, 411 Dunsmuir St., Vancouver, B.C. V6B 1X4
(604) 662-3240  Fax. (604) 662-3241

I hope this video will be as helpful for others as it was for me.  By
the way, I am having computer troubles tonight, so I hope I have not
sent this message twice.  Apologies to all if I have!
Caroline