To: Parkinson, Forum

This is my first day as a member of the list and am pleased by the
amount of correspondence ongoing!

Barbara suggested I introduce myself: My father was diagnosed with
PD in 1985.  (He will be 70 this year).  Unfortunately, I live 300
miles away from him, but when I see him, the changes in him are
quite noticeable.  The tremors are not bad, but he has difficulty
walking and often 'freezes'.

I would appreciate any input on the following questions:

1. My father recently recovered from 'walking pneumonia'.  During
this time (approx 10 days), his Parkinson's was so bad he could not
get out of a chair, nor get in or out of bed without considerable
assistance.  Since his recovery, he is still not where he was before
the pneumonia.  His doctor has not been of much help.  I am
wondering if others have experienced similar instances of much
worsened symptoms in a short time frame?

2. My father will be going to the University of Michigan hospital
for a 'movement clinic' next month.  I've been trying to find others
who have participated in this program.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Linda Rourke ([log in to unmask])