To Linda Rourke--welcome aboard. To your 1st question, I'd respond that
it is well known that any kind of stress , physical or emotional, can
worsen PD symptoms.  Hospitalization is usually hard on Pds, and they
may not return easily to the earlier level of functioning. If your father
was not hospitalized, he was probably stressed by the pneumonia, and his
PD meds possibly disrupted? It may take him some time to gain back his
usual abilities,but I hope he will do so. Can he talk to you or someone about
how frightening that experience must have been? That helps, too.

Good luck--Camilla Flintermann, caregiver, Oxford,OH