Dear Barbara,

        Hydergine is slightly dopinergic and seratonergic.  It is a strong
anti-glutamate agent and it makes one feel perkier and energized.  In a sense it
lubricates the brain.  I am taking 1 mg tablets and yes I did write you an
E-mail a while back saying that some people found it helpful for RLS.  Taking
9-12 a day is not too many of these which tend to just be good for you sort of
like a vitamin for the brain.
        We have had some very good results prescribing this for patients at Loma
Linda.  This in a sense is one of Dr. Iacono s semi-secret meds he often
prescribes for Parkinson s patients.
        Unfortunately I missed Moira and Peter when they were at Loma Linda as I
was in Tulsa at the time watching my son compete in a National tennis
tournament.  I was very glad to hear their positive result.
        Now when are we going to get Barbara out to Loma Linda to get that second
side done?  It might be very interesting to see what effect a Pallidotomy would
have on RLS.

Regards,
Don Berns