Tom, on some listserves to save time and/or money listserv mail can be
set to DIGEST or INDEX.   Send mail to the listserv address with this
command:
SET PARKINSN INDEX
or  (you can't have both)
SET PARKINSN DIGEST

The DIGEST option will send one mail message each day that contains the
full text of all the listserv messages for that day.

The INDEX option will send one mmail message each day that contains the
'From"  and "Subject" lines from each message for that day as well as a
number for each message.  Use this command to send for one of the indexed
messages.

/SHIP PARKINSN 14356
         ^        ^.......message number
         |.........list name
If you really wish to unsubscribe send this message in the body of your
letter:

UNSUBSCRIBE PARKINSN    or

SIGNOFF PARKINSN