To: Parkinson, Forum

>1. My father recently recovered from 'walking pneumonia'.  During
>this time (approx 10 days), his Parkinson's was so bad he could not
>get out of a chair, nor get in or out of bed without considerable
>assistance.  Since his recovery, he is still not where he was before
>the pneumonia.  His doctor has not been of much help.  I am
>wondering if others have experienced similar instances of much
>worsened symptoms in a short time frame?
>
>2. My father will be going to the University of Michigan hospital
>for a 'movement clinic' next month.  I've been trying to find others
>who have participated in this program.  Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks!
>Linda Rourke ([log in to unmask])

Dear Linda,

My name is Frans Naerebout and I h've read your letter of 6 juni.I 'm from
Holland so excusses for the bad english.
I also have a father who is diagnosed PD 1.5 year ago, he is 74 years
old.He's now in the hospital for almost 4 months.He had a surgery of a
oppressed nerve in his back.Four weeks after the succesful surgery it was
going better with him he was walking by himself,and the plan was that he was
going home after 1 week, the only promblem was his blatter, he was not able
voiding.
Before the surgery he was living with my mother and has not so mutch
inconvenience of PD.The symptons were rigidity, halucinations , confusion,
but they could live with it.As medecine he was having Eldepryl and
Symetrel.Sinemet he has tried , but gave very mutch halucinations and
nightmares.
For 5 weeks after the surgery he became pneumonia and the situation was
critic.After 10 days he recouvered from the pneumonia but the same as your
father never became so good as before the pneumonia.He cannot walk alone and
is very confused, we are waiting for a place in a nursing home, because he
is to bad to have him at home for my mother.
After all it had been better not to have had the surgery ?!, but we can't
turn back the clock.

The last day's I've read a lot about PD at the parkingson's web pages, very
interesting!
I hope that with your father it goes better then it went with mine, it is a
terrible disease, good luck, Frans Naerebout Email adress : [log in to unmask]