Hi everyone,

I have been reading this news group for a few months now and passing so much
good information to my brother, George, who has had PD for 13 years.  George
does not have a computer, and I am new user, but learning fast thanks to the
wonderful instructions on how to find things posted in this group.  George
has several questions he hopes the readers of this group can address.

Dyes and food coloring which are in the drugs he takes are a big concern to
him.  He believes he is sensitive to them and adversely effected by them.
Also concerning drugs, he feels generic drugs do not have the same strength
as the brand names.  Has anyone else experienced problems in this area?

Secondly, he read several years ago about a movement to unite the various
PD groups into one, but that seems not to have happened.  He is curious
about this issue - any comments for or against uniting or the reasons it
didn't happen would be welcome.

George is currently considering Pallidotomy at Mass. General Hospital.
The surgeon is G. Rees Cosgrove.  He would like to correspond with others
who have had this procedure at MGH.

Sorry for the long post.  Thanks for this group.

Gail