I saw this job opening at UCLA, thought I would share it with the group.

        UCLA NEUROLOGY/NEUROSURGERY     CONTACT: Gary W. Mathern, M.D.
        Reed Neurological Research Center       Thomas L. Babb, Ph.D.
        UCLA Medical Center     HOW: CALL/SEND RESUME
        Los Angeles, CA 90095 1769      WHEN: ASAP
        (310)206-8777 (310)825-5625       EOE: Y # OPENINGS: 2

JOB CATEGORY: Phys.Sciences
JOB TITLE: STAFF RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
JOB TYPE: Full Time LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA
SALARY: $2163/Month Plus 20% Employee Benefits
DAYS/HOURS: 40 Hours/Week To Be Arranged

QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS:
* College grad with interest in neuro-medicine & neuroscience research.
Work independently & with others. Strong communication skills. Experience
with histochemistry, radioactive isotopes, computers, animal surgery
preferred.

JOB DESCRIPTION
* Work in a multi-investigator lab studying the rat and human hippocampus
looking at epileptic circuits using physiologic, anatomic, and molecular
biology techniques. Animal surgery, EEC monitoring, cyrostat brain
sectioning, histologic stains & in-situ hybridization. Data analysis,
documentation of results, preparation of lab chemicals, use of Macintosh
databases, graphics & word processing. Communicate complex procedures to
other researchers & write technical material in scientific language.