Dear Carrie,
my husband, 67 years old, was diagnosed with PD four years ago, but we think
he has had the disease much longer. It seems that many doctors have problems
diagnosing PD. I suggest you do take your father to neurologist, preferably
one who specializes in PD. For us the decisive factor in diagnosing PD was
that my husband responded to Sinemet. I would definitely get another opinion
and don't rest until you find out what causes YOUR symptoms. Doctors don't
know everything and sometimes we just have to look longer for one that can
help us. I wish you well. Again, don't give up looking for help until you've
found it!!! Johanna