>Alessandro Pelosio
>E-mail: [log in to unmask]
>
> --- MacPress 2.1b7-reg

Dear Dr. Pelosio

        Thanks  for your response.  I will try and get a copy of the article
you referred to.

 Actually I am more excited to hear that you are in Rome since I will be
there in mid July.  It is nice to know the name of a collegue who has an
interest in PD and speaks English on the travel route.  Traveling is
somewhat difficult at this point and an illness in route whether related to
the PD or not is not a pleasant thought.  If you don't mind I will keep your
address available for emergencies.

Also, what is available for the handicapped traveller in Rome.  Usually I am
quite ambulatory but when my meds wear off- at times unpredictably-  I can
be quite immobile.  I am considering getting a portable wheelchair.  I will
have a rental car but will only drive it in Rome if there is accessable
handicapped parking at major tourist locations.  If you have any suggestions
please let me know.

By-the-way,  is your interest in PD purely professional or like me are you a
physician with Parkinson's?  I  am a psychiatrist diagnosed 5 1/2 years ago.
I am still in active out-patient practice but have given up all hospital
work and have decreased my work week from about 55 hrs/week 3 years ago to
35-40 hrs. per week now.  I anticipate needig to decrease further over the
next year or 2.  I am interested how other physicians cope with this illness
and how they deal with their patients.

Again- Thanks for your response.

Ciao,

Charlie (Charles T. Meyer,  M.D)