        How about trying the places where big events usually play on large
        tv sets. That's right, the local bar.  Many have the capability to
        go direct.  They may not like to have a bar full of non-drinkers
        like us, but for a cause, why not try.

 My dad is 71 and was diagnosed in March.  He's not a drinker, but he does
 have an occasional glass of wine (on Friday nights for the Jewish Sabbath)
 and he used to occasionally have a little bit of scotch after a hard day
 at work.

 I don't know how these habits may have changed since the diagnosis, since
 he's in San Francisco and I'm in Los Angeles now, but just in case his
 habits haven't changed, I'd like to gently enlighten him.  So please tell
 me, is alcohol an absolute no-no for Parkinson's patients, or might it
 interact with the medications?  (Dad's on Sinemet, but I'm not sure the
 dose - don't think it's the controlled release variety.)

 Thanks folks!

 -- Gary Zimmerman