My father has been taking Permax for about three and a half months.
He has recently experienced very stiff muscles in his back and has
considerable pain on trying to straighten up.  My mother's theory is
that the Permax made him feel so much better that he overexerted
himself by working on the car and so hurt his back.  The doctor
maintains that it is only because of the Parkinson's and would not
prescribe any additional medication.  Finally he gave my dad a muscle
relaxer (Soma) which has not helped him at all.  Have any of you
experienced pain as a direct result of PD?  My dad is under the
impression that he should expect stiffness but no pain.

Another thing my dad mentioned is that when he went to get to get his
hair cut the other day, he glanced in the mirror and noticed that he
was tilted over to one side, yet had the sensation that he was sitting
up straight.  When he straightened himself, he had the sensation that
he was leaning over to the side.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you all.

Carrie