Attention New Jerseyites:

Let's do our part to pass the Morris K. Udall Bill.  The following
representatives have agreed to co-sponsor the Udall Bill.

Senator Frank Lautenberg
Congressman Robert Andrews (District 1)
Congressman Frank Pallone (District 2)

If one New Jersey senator supports the bill, why not two?
We also have 11 more representatives to convince.

We would like more help from Jersey residents to add co-sponsors.  We need
Congressional District Coordinators to help organize the grassroots effort to
pass the Udall Bill.  We can do it if we focus on convincing each
representative how important this legislation is to our future.

Please E-mail or call me, Ken Aidekman, at 201-966-5333 for more information
or to volunteer as a CDC.

Writing letters is very important but there are other ways you can help.

1) Call your representative's office, regularly, to ask them to co-sponsor
the Udall bill.  Volunteer to address any concerns they might have.

2) Find out if your representative or anyone on their staff has a personal
connection to PD.

3) Invite them to a support group meeting to learn first hand about life with
PD.  You need speakers and they need voters.

4) Invite the local press to cover the event.

5) Fax a note supporting the bill.

6) Talk to their healthcare aide. If the aide doesn't know about the bill,
discuss the main points and send a copy.  (Copies are available through this
list and PAN's office.)

7) Get your support group members to call in on a specific day for added
impact.

8) Meet your representative at a town meeting or public event.

9) Call for an appointment when their in town.  You may be surprised at how
easy it is to get in to see them or their aide.

10) Send them information on PD.  You know a lot more about it than they do -
teach them.

Good luck!