Dear Barbara Yacos

You talked about your various remedies for RLS but I didn t hear that you had
tried Hydergine yet?  How about giving it a week trial taking 6-9 1 mg/day.

You Loma Linda?  Why not?  As to your concern about the MRI you need not worry
they will give you something to make you drowsy and you won t even remember it.

As to being off levodopa the day of the procedure, no concern since you can keep
right on taking  your meds right  up until surgery.  They even gave me some
sinemet during surgery.

I am glad you had a chance to talk with Moira and she is doing well.  I had
lunch today and talked with gentleman today who was investigating the
Pallidotomy for his friend in So. Africa.  I don t think we have done anyone
from So Africa so perhaps the miracle ( or should I say  possible help  for some
patients for whom meds have quit working) of the Pallidotomy will spread to
another continent.

Pallidotomingly yours,
Don Berns

Dr. Don Berns