In a message dated 95-06-14 14:03:59 EDT, Doctorwine writes:

<<     MR Z,   One of the truly fortunate things about PD and the drugs used
to treat the symptoms (read all of them) are compatible with moderate
drinking.  The one possible exception to this rule is if the patient is
falling a lot, and the origin of the falls is unclear.
    My background is wine judge and retired general practitioner.  Best
wishes to your father.  E. A. Penny, M.D. "Doctorwine" >>

It is wonderful "ye ole winemaster"  finds moderation compatible.  I do enjoy
a glass of wine or a highball now and then.  However, two and I am in trouble
and three I am on the floor or maybe I am a dyskinetic drunk.  Alcohol is a
depressant, something we do not need for our depression.  Although I know
those on three highballs, I think most PD patients do not drink.  And then
there is the "winemaster" who finds his hobby compatible with his
dis-abilities.  I still don't know how you can taste wine at judging.  Is
there a wine that tastes like Sinemet?

Regards,
Alan Bonander ([log in to unmask])