     The best information I have had on this subject is the booklet entitled
"Good Nutrition in Parkinson's Disease" published by "The American Parkinson
Disease Association, Inc.
     60 bayStreet suite 401
     Staten Island,  NY  10301
     1-800-223-2732

     I obtained mine at a support group meeting through the San Diego
Information and Referral Center.  Some quotations:
"Other large neutral amino acids (LNAA) found in the diet use the same
carrier system as levodopa.  these amino acids are isoleucine, leucine,
valine, phenylalanine, tryptophan and tyrosine."
"People who need to lower the protein in their diet should reduce it to
recommended daily allowance of protein.  Most Americans eat far more than
this on a daily basis.  The RDA for protein is .8g/kg (.36g/lb) body weight."

     To answer the recent question about "animal protein vs. plant protein" I
have no scientific information.  However,  my husband seems to have more
interference when he eats meat or soy products.  Pinto beans, lentils, dairy
products and an occasional egg are less likely to cause a problem.   I would
think a list of foods which are high in those particular amino acids (the
LNAAs) would be very helpful to Parkinson's patients but I have not seen one.
     I have been waiting for someone else to answer these questions.  I am
only a "lay" person,  but with an active interest in nutrition information
for 40 years.
     Jan Kramar([log in to unmask])