Gail's questions:

(1) Problems with generic drugs?  I had a member tell me they broke out in a
rash using generic carbidopa/levodopa.  Another said with generic they were
unable to get "ON".  This implied generic meds were lower in levodopa.  I had
another tell me that switching to generic caused signaficant drug induced
dyskinesia.   Generics do use different binding and maybe different color
dyes.  Switching back to brand names resolves the problem.

I use generic levodopa/carbidopa, both the 25/100 and the 10/100.  They work
just about the same in liquid sinemet.  However, if you find generic
intolerable call your physician and ask they call the drug store and mark
name brand.

(2) Pallidotomy at MGH looks good.  Hopefully others will echo my approval of
MGH and Dr. Cosgrove.

(3) Unity some years ago was to bring NPF, UPF, PDF and TPI under one roof.
 As I understand it, ill health delayed and delayed and delayed . . . net-net
it broke down.  I think there will be some interesting happenings in the
coming weeks and months.

Regards,
Alan Bonander ([log in to unmask])