>The brother of a friend has Motor Neurone Disease and is searching for a
mailing
>list/bulletin board/forum which would help him in the same way as this
Parkinson
>list. Can anybody point me in the right direction.?
>
>David Langridge.

David, I did run across notation of an ALS list, but the archives weren't
there anymore. You might do a gopher search.

I did find one abstract that may give the brother of the friend hope.

Authors
  Tsai CP.  Ho HH.  Yen DJ.  Wang V.  Lin KP.  Liao KK.  Wu ZA.
Institution
  Neurological Institute, Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan.
Title
  Reversible motor neuron disease.
Source
  European Neurology.  33(5):387-9, 1993.
Abstract
  We investigated a 69-year-old male with a clinical syndrome resembling
  amyotrophic lateral sclerosis characterized by fasciculation, wasting of
  the limb muscles and increased deep tendon reflexes in the lower limbs.
  Electromyographic (EMG) studies showed abundant positive sharp waves and
  fibrillation potentials with decreased recruitment in the limbs and
  paraspinal muscles. The patient recovered almost completely in
  approximately 1.5 years, and follow-up EMG studies showed no positive
  sharp waves or fibrillation potentials in the limb muscles except for some
  polyphasic motor units in the bilateral intrinsic hand muscles. No known
  systemic disease, malignancy or heavy metal intoxication was found during
  the course of his illness. So far, there are only few cases reported with
  spontaneous remission of motor neuron disease; however, the possibility
  should always be considered.