Hi Jim:

My husband has a similar difficulty.  He was diagnosed ten years ago, and is
67 years old.  It's not consistent, however.  Sometimes it's clear he still
has a sense ot small and taste working, but it is diminished.  He tells me
some of the medications are very bitter and thinks this has something to do
with it.  He takes Sinemet, Eldepryl, Permax, Mevacor, and Pepcid, along
with half an aspirin every day.

k.

>Hi Folks
>I'm five years post onset of PD, male, 55.  Somewhere along the trail I lost
>my sense of smell and taste.  I don't know if it's related to PD or the med's
>or totally unrelated for that matter.  If anyone has had similar symptoms I
>would appreciate hearing from you.
>Jim Ryan  [log in to unmask]

Mrs. Karin M. Beros, MSO                     [log in to unmask]
International and Area Studies               voice:  (510) 642-8542
Office of the Dean, 260 Stephens Hall        fax:    (510) 642-9466
Mail Code 2300