                WARNING!!!  NutraSweet is a Neurotoxin!!

 The alarmist tone of this piece detracts horribly from what might otherwise be
 interesting, if not valuable information.  I would be interested in the results
 of controlled and peer-reviewed studies, not the rantings of some group with an
 obvious "anti-" agenda, and few hard facts or studies to back it up.

 I am interested in the long-term effects, if known, of aspartame ingestion.
 I drink aspartame-sweetened soft drinks, as do most of my co-workers.  Some of
 them drink LOTS.  I've noticed no increase in frequency of seizures or birth
 defects amongst my co-workers.  From this consumer's viewpoint, using aspartame
 is much preferable to cyclamates, saccharin, or white sugar, though aspartame
 may be far from perfect.  Better still would be to control the craving for
 (artifically) sweetened foods.

 I appreciate any information that folks may send to this list, but let's try to
 keep things at a professional level, and not scare the bejeezus out of folks
 without good cause.

 Just my immediate reaction to reading that; my opinions are entirely my own,
 excepting for those that I borrow from others. ;-)

 -- Gary Zimmerman