Dear Kees,

The October 15th Parkinson's Unity Walk is endorsed by all of the major
national Parkinson's organizations in the U.S.: APDA. NPF, PDF, UPF and the
Parkinson's Institute. All funds raised will be distributed to these five
organizations.

The Walk will take place in New York City; San Francisco; Lincoln, Nebraska;
Springfield, Missouri; and Deland, Florida.

Each city is planning the details of its Walk autonomously, but I can answer
some of the questions you asked insofar as New York City is concerned. The
distance for our Walk is just 3 kilometers; that's what we did last year and
we found it perfect for our purposes. The route is, of course, easy to
negotiate and wheel-chair accessible. We can't tell yet how many walkers we
will have, but we expect upwards of 500. We have arranged to have buses to
transport people from the suburbs.

Our focus is threefold: to raise funds for research, to heighten public
awareness about Parkinson's disease, and to serve as a model of cooperation
among the Parkinson's organizations.

We feel that at this particular time in the U.S., when funds for vital
research are seriously threatened, the Parkinson's community must speak out
loud and clear or we will be overlooked. On October 15th, we want to go out
there and make a noise that will reverberate all the way to the halls of
Congress.

(Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now!)

I'd like to know more about your Walk too. Why is it called Super-Tulip?

Regards,

Margot

P.S. I didn't really invert the numbers in the years 1995 and 1996. I had
typed my message in a word processor and used apostrophes -- '95 and '96. I
must have forgotten to save in ASCII format, so the apostrophes came out as
digits. Similarly, all my hard returns became equal signs.