I have had PD since '88 and have taken Permax for almost a year. I have stiff
muscles and pain in both my back and legs at different times during the day.
I have been given medication for stiffness, but it dosen't work. My Doctor
has said that the stiffness is part of the "off" period and cannot be
eleminted with medication. I can identify with your father because at times
the stiffness and pain is very dificult to cope with. I try to use my mind to
control the pain by telling my self this is only a temporary condition at the
present time.
The pallidotomy proceesure is said to eliminate stiffeness as well as tremor
and other pd symptoms. It might be worth investigation if your father's
symptoms are severe . Good luck   Ed Giampaoli