Subject: introduction/VIM surgery

Joanne Sandstrom signing on.  My husband, Don, was diagnosed w/PD in 1974,
at the age of 37, so we've been living with PD for some time.  Last year,
after researching, carefully considering, and rejecting a pallidotomy, we
went to Grenoble for electronic stimulation (VIN) surgery for Don's severe
tremor.  We are celebrating a year of a new life.  The disease is not gone,
of course, but the severe tremor (which was his major physical symptom) is
all
but gone.  We understand the procedure is now being done in some US and
Canadian medical centers and would suggest that anyone with tremor who is
considering going under the knife get information about electronic stimulation
before making any decisions.

Joanne Sandstrom