     We returned from regular visit to VACenter San Diego and have read three
days of PD list messages.   I read a few excerpts (including road-crossing
info) to Glenn,  but I am never sure how much he really comprehends.  It is
so helpful for me to read the comments of you who are able to verbalize and
analyze your own symptoms.
     A comment on sense of smell.  At a conference in San Diego a few years
ago,  a speaker asked all the Parkie's who had lost their sense of smell to
raise their hands.  Many hands.  Now, all the caregivers and others who have
lost the sense of smell?  Few hands.  Glenn lost his years ago,  and we
thought it was because of a narrow septum.  His mother (now 92) lost hers
years and years ago and she does not have PD.
     On back pain.  Back pain (near right shoulder blade) plus depression
were Glenn's first symptoms.  When PD was finally diagnosed,  all
neurologists and orthopedists have told us the pain is caused by his posture.
 You who don't have PD try holding your head over even five minutes and you
will feel it in your back.  Glenn's postural weakness is both forward and
lateral,  so I was particularly interested in the comment by the man who said
he feels straight when his head is crooked and crooked when his head is
straight. :-(   One reason Glenn  had to give up driving was that he was
trying to drive with his head crooked and couldn't keep the car in his lane.
 I wish I had time to answer some of the individual letters.  Thanks to all.
Jan Kramar([log in to unmask])