Hi to the List
More on the APDA satellite conference

Ken wrote   <A few points of interest from the symposium:

Anne:-Thank you for your notes on conference content. There certainly is
a great deal going on,  and reason for optimism about the future.

Ken wrote  <If people are disatisfied with the amount of pre-publicity or
<technical organization of the event then they should address their
<constructive criticism directly to those responsible at APDA

Anne:-A  good point Ken.  Can I email the APDA  or must I use snail mail?
Could you provide addresses?

Ken wrote  <It appeared to be an honest effort to inform the greatest
<possible audience of patients and caregivers.

Anne:-I was not being  completely negative about the conference, I know
it involved a lot of work and money and was very good as far as it
went.........

BUT (here I go again!! sticking my neck out )

1)  The lucky ones who participated heard about PD from topnotch people
and had the stimulating experience of coming together with a large crowd
of patients and carers.  Many more  could and should benefit from such an
event

2)I was noticed. A letter would have been filed.

3)I have no way of knowing who else might be planning a video
conference.  This was a good way to indicate that the potential audience is far
 larger  reply to comments about my comments
larger and geographically  dispersed than they imagine.

4)Could a truly world wide satellite conference be organized perhaps at
the same time as an international meeting? The total cost would be
enormous but on a per participant level it might be possible.  It is my
impression that the PD community is more active in computer enhanced
communication than others. PD would be in the news and noticed by the
newsmakers.

Let's build on the past!!

Anne Rutherford
Newfoundland