Virginia,
I am the director of the Houston Area Parkinson Society.  In my job I
encounter MANY families  with the problem your parents have.  There are very
good but little known programs within all of the major pharmaceuticals to
provide free meds to patients who meet financial guidelines set by each
company.  The way it works is that the doctor (read nurse) calls the 800
number of the company and asks for the "Indigent Patient" (their wording not
mine!) program.  The company sends the doctor their forms. Half of the form
is filled out by the family having to do with their financial status and the
rest is done by the doctor stating diagnosis etc.  Then it is sent back to
the drug company with a three or six month prescription (varies by company).
 If the patient qualifies, the company will send the medicine to the doctor
to give to the patient.  This can continue for life as long as the paperwork
is repeated half way through each period and the patient continues to
qualify.  If your doctor does not know about these plans, he can get a list
free from - Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association, 1100 Fifteenth Street,
N.W., Washington, D.C., 20005 or 1-800-PMA-INFO.  More questions? You can e
mail me or call 1-713-626-7114 between 9:30 and about 4:00 on weekdays.  Good
luck.  Two of the drugs your father is taking are by DuPont and Sandoz, I
don't recognize Maxzide or Relaphen. Both DuPont (sinemet) and Sandoz
(eldepryl) have very good programs and have helped a lot of our people.