2 cents from NFLD

Well, well!   Parkinson Power Games!!
Actually, this stuff makes me so mad I could chew a mouth
full of nails  and spit out tacks.

Who gets to participate?   --- the selected few, while the majority
are left on the outside.

John Cottingham suspects that the program was just a replica of the
"Dog and Ponie Show" that has  been touring sites this spring.
He may be right - he is closer to events than I am.

I am taking a risk in commenting -- After all this was an APDA conference
and it was directed to Americans so you can tell me to butt out.
However,  once things get onto the Net  or are picked off a satellite
it is difficult to maintain national boundaries.

SO, from north of the 49th parallel --------
This event  looks more like a show and tell about being up-to-date
than a real effort to inform patients and caregivers.

Here in Newfoundland we didn't listen to the eminent physicians last
Wednesday. Two or three days is not enough time to set things up and
organize an audience. Frustrating? you bet!  Here we were, with all the
necessary satellite  equipment, a  well informed group of Parkinson
patients, interested health care professionals and not enough time
to do anything practical.

Q)Should we have been invited?
A)Probably not.
Q)Was the conference publicity late?
A)No, given more time we might have succeeded in sneaking under the fence.
Q)Did we miss anything? Should we buy a tape?
What do you think?

Anne Rutherford  <<[log in to unmask]>> in Newfoundland
Where a 72 degree day is followed by a 40 degree night