>During my visit to Canada I wrote at the NET
>that a World Wide Walk could and should be >organized.

>For the practice we are organizing a walk in
>Canada and the Netherlands at the same =

>time. The date is september 1995.

>If  you or anybody else likes to join this
>walk or have it organized in your country or
>state, feel wellcome and join the walk

Dear Kees,

I'm delighted to hear from you and to learn that you are =

following up on your idea of organizing a Worldwide Walk. =

I had already mentioned the idea to members of the =

committee that is working on this year's Parkinson's =

Unity Walk, which is taking place (in five U.S. cities) =

on October 15th. But I didn't realize that you would be =

planning something for this year.

Kees, it would not just be hard for us to change our =

date for this year, but absolutely impossible. We have =

been working on the Unity Walk since the end of last =

year. We have been acquiring permits, obtaining =

corporate support, getting publicity, putting out literature, =

etc. This year's date is carved in stone, so to speak.

So let me concentrate on future years and point out that =

there are always two problems for us with a September =

date. First, in the beginning of the month it is useless to =

schedule anything, because many people are still away =

on their summer vacations. Second, September is the =

month in which the Jewish high holy days take place =

(the dates vary from one year to the next), and we =

cannot schedule a walk during those days. That's why =

we have chosen October for two years in a row.

So -- good luck for =9195, and let's think together about =9196.

Regards,

Margot