On Tue, 20 Jun 1995, Virginia Herd wrote:

> My Father 75 is in desparate need of a source of less expensive meds
> for his condition.
>
> Is there somewhere he can possibly buy his meds maybe in bulk at a
> lower overall cost?
>
> These meds are currently running my folks about $500 a month
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Virginia: I attended a PD group meeting in Cleveland, Ohio two months ago
where a leaflet was distributed by a salesperson for a drug company
offering discount prices on mail orders.  I know nothing about the
company but I kept the leaflet, and I quote: "Special New Patient Offer.
Athena RX Home Pharmacy is pleased to present our special New Patient
Offer listed below for first time users of our service who order during
the month of April.  To take advantage of this offer, simply call us at
1-800-528-4362.  Whether you have an unfilled new prescription from your
physician or would like us to transfer your existing prescription from
the pharmacy you currently use, we will handle the details of getting
your prescription filled."
The leaflet then goes on to list Parkinson's Disease medications and
quantity, special price offers.  Why don't you give them a call and ask
for specific current prices.
I have NOT used their services because  I am on a RX insurance plan.
          |  Sid Roberts              [log in to unmask]    |
          |  Youngstown State         History Department     |
          |  University               Youngstown, OH 44555   |