Kathie and Joseph
Re questions gm1-one persons experience-
I was in the first group of ten-all were given gm1-no placebos
self injections twice per day 100mg each. Started 8/3/93
stopped 3/2/95.
key results-I am 72+yrs old and simptoms were tremor, depression,
poor short term memory and illegible handwriting. At beginning ot test took 1
sinemet 25/100 + 1 sinemet 50/200 cr at 7:30 am and 1 sinemet 25/100 +
1 sinemet 50/200 cr.mid morning.
Currently taking 1 sinemt 25/100 cr + 1 artane 2mg at 7:30 am and 1 sinemet
50/200 cr + 1 artane 2 mg mid morning.
My impression of results are:
1. Tremor-unchanged -or slightly better(understand this to be true for other
patients too from  comments of researchers).
2. Short term memory-improved- but still poor.
one of the battery of tests taken periodically tested short term memory and
I definitely improved.
3. Mental accuity-improved-at work frequently have patients give me 8 digit
numbers rapidly over the phone. I couldnt remember more than 3 or 4
numbers prior to test-now can frequently remember all 8 digits.
4. Depression-difficult to access as wife passed away during test-but
under control.
5.Handwriting-at times cannot read microprint-but after test can usually
overcome tendency to microprint-so improved
Overall comment-no symptom is worse over a 2 yr period and most are
improved.slightly .Dr Jay Schneider is the neurologist and can be reached
at 215-762-1773 at Hahnemann Hospital Phil, Pa.He is currently running
a double blind test and I believe needs more volunteers.
I hope this informal report helps-
Regards [log in to unmask]