Virginia,

I, too, had problems with Eldepryl, mostly insomnia, hyperactivity, and,
would you believe it, hyper sexuality.  My doctor, who supervised the datatop
study in St. Louis, doesn't believe it's the wonder drug it's been touted to
be, so I stopped taking it over a year ago.

As for sinemet CR,. I've been after him to let me try it, and he's the one
who's reluctant because of the reasons you mentioned.  I currently take one
half of a 10/100 every hour and a quarter, and I'm a virtual slave to my
medicine schedule.  Most times if I'm a minute or two late, I go "off" and
may remain so for hours.  It's inconvenient to say the least, and I know the
CR works for some so I'm willing to try it.  If it doens't work I can revert
to my present regimen, however unsatisfactory.

Does anyone else think it's outrageous that we're still in the Dark Ages of
drug therapy for this disease?.  Where are our time-release patches?  If
reforming smokers can get them, why can't we?
(I know the answer; there are more of them than us.)

Anyhow, good luck with your dad.

Pat Schark