Monica,

As Charlie says - these drugs do cause hallucinations.  My father has
struggled with the balance of drug therapy vs. PD symptoms for years.  Our
family (& my dad) votes that we prefer more lucidity and less  mobility.
 Suggestions that we learned - pay to attention to keeping food and liquids
flowing through him.  When my dad is struggling with constipation - it seems
that the hallucinations increase.  Similarly - it seems simplistic, but make
sure he takes his medication with sufficient water and food in his stomach.

My Dad has had some humorous hallucinations, but also some frightening ones
 - he was convinced that my brother pushed my son into the fireplace, and
that he was severely burned - so my Dad called 911 - and my Mom had to deal
with paramedics and social workers who needed to investigate a possible
child abuse situation.  Occasionally I catch my Dad checking my son for
scars.  I guess my point is that these hallucinations can be VERY real and
convincing - so take this seriously, as it seems you are doing.  But let
your Dad know he certainly isn't alone.

Sara