Greetings to all of you. I'm a "newby"and am interested in seeing an answer
to a pressing question.

I'm a 37-yr. old male (retired on disability 9/94) and have been taking two
Eldepryl and four-to-seven 25/100 Sinemet daily. Lately, I have
experimented with stopping my medicine at noon and going the rest of the
day without (please, no lectures on "unsupervised drug-holidays").

At first, as expected, my movements slow down considerably and coordination
escapes me but as the day progresses, my body gets a sort of "2nd wind" and
my thoughts become clearer, my depression lifts somewhat, and I still
manage to sleep OK (I was taking a CR or 25/100 to help me "make it through
the night"). My neurologist (who professes to understand PD) says that's
just Sinemet left in my system. I say, "If I can functon OK without the
previous daily dosages, why should I continue to enslave myself to Sinemet
and all it's unwelcome side-effects?".

David R. Boots ([log in to unmask])