Jeffry, your query about adding a 10/100 l-dopa/c-dopa tablet to a Sinemet
CR 50/200 elicits some comments.

The staatement that regular formulation gets into the brain quicker is not
accurate exactly.  The CR starts dissolving very quickly.  It may be
absorbed in the pathway to the stomach even, but it is released in small
amount/time.  The rate limiter is the dissolving rate of the tablet.

The regular tablet is apparently more or less completely dissolved in a few
minutes in the stomach, but it is not taken into the blood stream
significantly until it passes into the small intestine as part of the chyme
(food that is digested) as that material is "pushed" or flows out of the
stomach.  Here, the rate limiting process is the movement of the medication
into the small intestine where more uptake into the blood stream is
available.

The primary stomach process is dissolving and breaking down food.  The
majority of the extraction of nutrients is done downstream.

If you wish to not increase your total daily dose, try one-half a 50/200
along with a 10/100 each morning.

I agree with your goal to use only as much medication as needed.  I think
this would also keep the carbidopa dosage lower.

One other comment is that the fat and protein lumps of meat take a long
time to digest, so these are best used minimally with the medications.  I
would like to hear more from Joe Irr and DuPont about the expected or
conjectured or measured locus with time after ingestion of the CR tablet.
Does it pass through the stomach into the small intestine substantially
whole? if the person has not eaten much recently? remain in the stomach?
Joe did state in one of his welcome postings that food does not affect the
CR medication.  I can assume that this might mean it is little affected
bythe digestion "juices" in regard to increasing it's dissolving rate.

Comments from any source are solicited by..

Ron  <[log in to unmask]> Ronald Vetter