My father is 76 years old and has had PD for over 20 years now.  He had a
pallidotomy done on the right side about 3 1/2 yrs ago at N.Y. University
by a Dr. Dougali.  It helped his speech but did nothing for his gait.  He
now uses a walker and a wheel chair if he goes out.  His short term
memory is very bad.  He is very impressed with the intellegence on this
list and would like to ask you which operation any of you think is more
beneficial - a (left side) pallitdotomy or a thalidotomy and which are
the best doctors performing the operation.  My father lives in Chicago
and I am not sure he can really travel much anymore.  His current doctor
in Chicago is Dr. Goetz.

Thank you in advance for your responses.
- Rachel ([log in to unmask])