To PAN and List Members
Parkinson action Network is developing aset of numbers re the cost
of PD to individual / family / society.
This morning I looked at the PAN questions re costs---

I have a question and a comment.
Question) Does PAN want non-USA response?

Comment)
I did not see a section  on the cost of assistive devices (a  fancy name
for canes, walkers, raised chair seats etc).    For example my new walker
retails for $500 plus and a friend's wheel chair cost more than $2000.
Fortunately most of us don't need these items but, if needed, they  add
to a family's financial burden.

However there are several places on the questionnaire where you are asked
to enter costs which have not been asked for----

My bet is that the cost of Parkinsons will be  larger than anyone has
imagined in their wildest dreams.

Anne Rutherford  Newfoundland
(where my petunias are too cold to bloom)