Dear Celia,

What a coincidence??? In the week from 18 - 24 september, there several
activities, so we can call it
a Parkinson Action Week.

From 18 - 22 september : a week filled with several courses about coping
Parkinson

                     some issues: learn how to cope by haptonomy (do you
know this word? I don't
                                             but it was not in my dictonary,
so I changed the dutch word into English)
                                           : Exchange of experiences
                                           : Medical explanations by a
neurologist
                                           : Learn to cope with your
feelings and actions
                                           : Look at the future or how to
stay socially active

Saturday 23 september  : National day for the Young Onset. We call ourselves
"YOPPERS" . This will be
                                             the third time and we are
expecting more than 200 participants.

Sunday   24 september  : "Sponsorloop voor Parkinson", our superwalk for
parkinson's, at the same time
                                             as the Canadian. We make it a
happy day with some activities and we hope to
                                             collect  a lot of  money for
some special projects : 1) The Dutch Brainbank   2) an
amount to publish special folders   3) Special research projects   4) PIBI =
Parkinson
                                             Information Bank International
                                             At least 500 people will be
walking here (I hope) and the amount of money we think to
collect is ca $25,000. Amongst these participants w're expecting some
celebraties.
                                             The start is given by the dutch
champion Marathon: Bert van Vlaanderen (2:10)

We like to publish a brochure about the walk and have some information about
Parkinson and walking/running. Any suggestions?

In the week for/after the "Walk" a collection is made for 4 diseases and one
of them is off course Parkinson.

And we are planning more activities !!!!

Some  Belgiums and German  Parkinsonians will walk with us. Next Year we
should all walk on the same day!?

If anybody has a suggestion for start and finish please put it on the list.

Conclusion : two? walks this year : 24 september and 15 october :
Join one of the walks or organize one yourselve!

I have a confession to make : "I don't know what a snail-mail-address is",
but my imagination is not too bad: It's probably  the brown box where the
postman puts the envelopes in, containing old but nice feeling papers. With
stamps to give information about the country, the date, the person who
mailed it: I LOVE SNAIL MAIL, but I would not anything on the NET.

Can I leave some thoughts about the NET and the LIST after a few weeks of
being connected?

Kees Paap <[log in to unmask]>

Snail Mail Address:

Kees Paap