>MEDLINE is available through Knowledge Index on CompuServe; and I think
>that it may also be available on AOL.  The CompuServe access is
>expensive, as they charge you by the abstract.

BOB

UNLESS kNOWLEDGE INDEX HAS CHANGED IT'S POLICY OVER THE PAST 6 MONTHS OR SO,
they used to charge about a $24/ per hour surcharge. I used to use that
service before Physician's Online came to be and charges me nothing but
having to view obnoxious prozac ads.  If they have a subscription to
compuserve that may well be the cheapest for non-physicians- at least as far
as I know.  If you know what you are looking for and how to search it  you
can search and download in 5- 10 minutes a lot of abstracts.

Charlie
 Charles T. Meyer
 Madison, WI