Celia,

In your last message you expressed interest in knowing more about the
Parkinson's Unity Walk that is taking place in the U.S. on October 15th.

One of the things that sets this event apart from other walks that have been
held over the years is that is organized entirely at the grass-roots level --
i.e., by people with Parkinson's and their families and friends -- rather
than by any PD organization. The "Unity" theme is central. No matter where we
live or whom we've been affiliated with, we are one community. We have the
same problems, the same needs, and the same hopes. And god knows there are
enough of us, although we've remained unnoticed for a long time. If we start
acting in unity, it won't be possible to ignore us any more.

On October 15th there'll be Walks in five U.S. cities: New York; San
Francisco; Lincoln, Nebraska; Springfield, Missouri and Deland, Florida.
We're very excited about this; we started out last year with just 200 walkers
in New York City.

It would be wonderful if you organized something in Australia as well. We're
not in a position to offer any direct help -- all we could do is share with
you what we've learned in the year and a half we've been at it. But it would
be a thrill to tell our walkers on October 15th that they're part of an
international movement, and to read them a greeting from their fellow walkers
in Australia!

I look forward to hearing more from you.

Margot